Thursday 8 December 2011

Object Project - Evaluation

I think I researched quite proficiently in this project. I looked at a wide variety of sources and also with an appropriate amount of detail. This really helped me with inspiration and gave my ideas some structure. However, one thing I know I can improve is condensing down my research and being more selective about what I use and don't use. I also spent a lot of time on this part of the project and probably should have been trying out more ideas instead.

I think I did well finding the bottles I did. They all go together quite nicely and are nice sizes in my opinion. I also think I did a good job on making the corks for the bottles. I had regular sized corks and 6 strangely sized bottles so I had to carved the cork to the correct size or glue 2 corks together to make a large one. This made the bottles look alot more appropriate. I'm glad I took the time to make these.

If I were to complete this project again I would definately spend less time researching and more time trying out ideas. This would ultimately mean I achieve more developed and thought out ideas. I may also come up with an even better and more appropriate idea than I did this time.

If I were to carry on with this project and develop it further I would investigate using other measurble materials to put into each bottle to create size comparisons. Perhaps more unusual lengths of something, or perhaps equally sized squares of a certain fabric or material.

No comments:

Post a Comment