Thursday 1 December 2011

Metal Workshop

In this final workshop we were shown lots of different metal techniques and also how to use the various machines around the workshop. We were given a choice of different metals to work with. I chose copper. I decided to make a bangle. This involved using a variety of machines and tools such as the rolling machine, the polishing machine and the blow-torch. As well as several techniques such as silver soldering, polishing and shaping metal into a loop.




I am actually really pleased with how it turned out. Even though the solder wasn't as clean as it could have been, I think it adds to the aged effect I eventually went with. I like how when I polished it, some of the polishing wax was left in he small crevices. I think this makes it a lot more interesting and emphasises the cross pattern. I'll definitely pursue using the metal and jewellery workshops again in the future and would love to complete more pieces similar in style to the one I have created here.

No comments:

Post a Comment