Thursday 8 December 2011

Context Project - Evaluation

I think one weakness I had in this particular project was not having the motivation to actually go out and film some footage for making a film like I originally planned. If I had gone out a filmed, I probably would have stuck with the film idea. However, whilst making and editing the video, I'm sure I would have made developments along the way so it would have evolve slowly and almost by itself. I probably jumped a little too far moving from a video to paper mechanism illustrations.

I think my final pieces were really nicely done and I thoroughly enjoy making them. They reminded me how much I actually like simple drawing and painting. I had totally forgotten about it in the hurry to get on with all the projects and come up with interesting ideas. I will definitely make such I keep drawing and painting in mind when I plan future projects as it's what I'm good at and what I enjoy.

If I were to complete this project again, I would have possibly done something completly different as in the end I think this idea is quite limited. I could possibly go back to the original project outline and choose to take it in completely contrasting manner.

If I were to carry on with this project I would like to go back and perhaps have another go at making the video. Or maybe even improve upon my paper mechanisms. Making them bigger or drawing/painting them in a different style.

No comments:

Post a Comment