Thursday 8 December 2011

Display Project - Final Piece

At the group tutorial my tutor and they other student responded well to this piece of work but agreed with me that I should have presented it a bit better rather than on sheets of A4 copier paper. I said that I would have it printed to a much higher quality in time for the deadline. They also said that the lyric graphs looked like city skylines and music equalisers found on sound equipment. So the tutor made suggestions about making an animation of an music equaliser but with the lyrics for the bars. I wasn't really keen on making an animation as I wasn't confident enough in my animation skills and I also would only have a week to complete it in. I also thought that was a little obvious with it being lyrics and a music equaliser. So I voiced my opinion to the group. They then said I could perhaps choose some different songs, ones in particular about cities and then make them into the lyric graphs to create city skylines. I preferred this idea as it was more subtle and not as obvious as the previous idea mentioned.

So I found 4 songs about the city and made the graphs out of them just as before. But this time I made them in a photo editing program instead of Microsoft Word so that I could convert it into a jpeg file and have it printed on the large scale printer. I put the file on a memory stick and bought it in to be printed. However, the IT Technician said that it probably wasn't good enough quality and I hadn't saved it as a big enough size for it to come out in super crisp condition. However, we did a small print sample and I was quite happy with the quality so we went ahead and printed it anyway. I am really pleased with the way it turned out as I think its a nice idea and I executed it quite well. However, I probably should have planned ahead and had it printed much earlier than the last week before the deadline. That way I could have remade the image to a higher quality. I will definitely keep this in mind for future projects that require large scale printing.

Here it is put up on the wall in preparation for the final deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment