Thursday 8 December 2011

Image Project - Final Piece

In the group tutorial I got the most positive feedback about one of the rearrange magazine pieces in particular. In it I had cut out a shape like all the others and put the binary code text behind it. But it was quite an ambiguous shape that I had cut out and it took a while for them to work out what it was meant to be. So I decided to stay with this idea and cut out much more random and strange shapes rather than recognisable ones. I also arranged them in equally sized pairs so that they looked like double page magazine spreads a little bit, which obviously references their original purpose.  I also paired them together quite selectively so they made symmetrical or vaguely matching compositions. I also mounted them on to some thich card so that they were a little mroe substantial and wouldn't crease so easily.






No comments:

Post a Comment