Thursday 1 December 2011

Context Project Final Ideas

After the group critique, I had a think about this project and decided to change from a video to some sort of illustration. I did some simple drawings based on the story board I made for my video, as the theme and subjects would still be the same.

I then decided to make some clean and crisp ink pen and watercolour pieces of the different objects that were malfunctioning. I then thought back to an original idea I had about making some drawings that were interactive e.g. with push/pull tabs and wheels to turn. So I have been pursuing this idea. I worked out in my head how I would make each one 'work' and then started on making the actual pieces.

I have only completed the 'sink and tap' piece, but I think I may even redo that one to improve it a little. The 'traffic lights' piece is half done, I have almost finished the painting and I just have to make and attach the movable part. The other 4 are only the ink pen drawings, with pencil sketchings of the parts that will move and the tabs/ flaps that will allow them to move. Plus I also have to paint them. But I think this is a fairly decent representation of my idea for the Group Tutorial and a week is plenty of time to finish them off.


I was also thinking about incorporating a sound element, as suggested by my tutor in the group critique. But I haven't started any of that, so maybe it's a little late. Maybe these interactive drawings are enough and they don't need the sound. I will see what it said in the Group Tutorial tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment