Thursday 8 December 2011

Image Project - Evaluation

With this project I completed lots of research so I was very inspired and motivated but this detracted from time I could have spent actually making work and trying out ideas. I should have condensed down my research and limited myself a little more. I also think I should have tried out more of my preliminary ideas. I had ideas about t-shirt prints and animation, but stuck with plain old collage. I don't know why I didn't investigate the other ideas. I should have done so, and I probably would have come up with a much better idea that the one I ended up with.

However, saying that. I do quite like my final piece for this project and think I did a good job on these last pieces. I chose the magazine picture well, cut out the shapes with care and arranged them in pairs appropriately. I also think that you can see influence from a number of different artists I researched.

If I were to complete this project again I would defainetly try out a wider variety of ideas rather than just sticking with simple collage. I would again condense my research time and increase my development time.

If I were to carry on with project I would like to try transfering my ideas to other mediums perhaps making an entire zine out of malfunctioning magazine images or something a bit more unusual like an animation of the images malfunctioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment