Wednesday 1 February 2012

Progress Presentation

This week on Monday 30th January I had to present my project idea and what work I had completed so far to the group and two of my tutors. I was very stressed but it went okay in the end. The tutors were quite positive about my work and gave me a few ideas of how my work should develop and what I should look at next. One of the suggestions was looking into technological advances in materials like Mylar and Teflon that I could perhaps incorporate into my design. Another suggestion was made about how I would market my design. My tutors said I should look into how products are sold on QVC and shopping channels. As well as door-to-door catalogues like Kleeneze and Betterware containing useless everyday cheap gadgets that are sometimes too ridiculous to believe. Another think they said I should look into was products that are sold with fear like CCTV systems and security measures. The type of adverts that scare the consumer into buying their products. This would be good inspiration for me as if I were to actually market my hats to the public they would need convincing that they were at risk without it.

So I will be pursuing this ideas next whilst starting to actually design some hats and some packaging or advertisements.

No comments:

Post a Comment