Sunday 29 January 2012

Hat Design Research - Louis Mariette

The next hat designer I looked at was Louis Mariette. His designers are very extravagant and over the top. All hats taken from the designers website here and are from multiple collections.




His work is very much made for the cat walk and not ideal for everyday-wear. But I think with my hat, it can be fairly crazy and people will still want to want it because of the fear attached to the risks of not wearing it. It needs to toe the like between believable and ridiculous, which I think is a quality a lot of Louis Mariette's hats have. I'm glad I've looked at this designers work because although it is in the same vein as Stephen Jones and Philip Treacy's work, it is still a very good source of inspiration that I will definitely come back to when I started designing my hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment