Monday 23 January 2012

Group Tutorial

At the group tutorial I attended on Thursday 19th January I was asked to discuss what research I had done so far and what my initial thoughts were. I was also asked to put forward one idea that I planned to pursue. I said I had thought about making furniture/equipment/objects that would be made by people living post-apocalypse. They would be made from recycled and reused materials as new products and resources would be non-existent. I mentioned  the film The Road where they have shopping carts, make-shift oil lamps and water filtration systems, and how I could make things similar to these as one-off art pieces. My tutor said that I need to look at designing something for a larger surviving population, not as few as in The Road. Also that my objects need to help society in specific against a threat or problem that I outline. These suggestions were really helpful and focused my ideas. They also reassured me that my thought processes were heading in the right direction.

I now plan to narrow my research to look for a context that I can specifically design and make something for.

No comments:

Post a Comment