Sunday 29 January 2012

Hat Design Research - Philip Treacy

The next hat designer I decided to look at was Philip Treacy. All hats are from his website here and are taken from multiple recent collections.

I chose to look at some of his more futuristic and simplistic designs as some of them were a little over complicated. I also only really looks at designs where alot of the head was covered, as this will be one of the basic design features of my hat.

The two designs above are quite futuristic and 'flying-saucer' like. They would be good bases for ideas.


 This hat especially reminded me of the tin foil hats in the film that I watched 'Signs'. Mainly because of the shape, but also because of the metallic fabric used and the wrinkly layers.
Looking at this designer has been quite useful for design purposes. His work can be at times as crazy as say Stephen Jones's but he does know how to tone it down more at other times. I will definately be taking his designs into consideration when I comes to design and make my own hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment