Wednesday 18 April 2012

More Making

I had another go at making the covers. They were quite successful and I ended up covering all the pages in the chapter. I added a small strip of paper to the inner edge of each cover to reinforce them, like I said I would. I also left the sandpaper off for now, until I decide whats actually going on the pages and what shape I want the sandpaper to be cut to.

 I may end up removing the book jacket as it is looking a little worse for wear. It is about 14 years old after all.
 The extra width caused by the additional pages have greatly affected the structure of the book. However, it still lies quite flat.
 A couple of creases have occured but I think I should be able to fix these by flattening the paper down a little



 The covers don't line up very well because of there being little space for them all in the binding of the book. But I don't think it's too bad.

 Adding the reinforcing strip of paper helped the structure of the cover a little and it now lays a little flatter.


On the pages the opposite side doesnt need to be covered I made a 1cm lip to hold the cover on the page.

I have also been thinking about what I could put on the covers. I thought about things that scare me now. Things that I wouldn't want to spend a long time thinking about, and would therefore want to turn the page past them.

Things like:
-Family/friends dying.
-Failure.
-Having no money.
-Speaking in front of a large group of people. etc.

I'd obviously have to come up with alot more subjects. I thought about perhaps illustrating them using the same style used in  the book. It's a nice realistic style, and I particularly like the way it's coloured.

I'll also have to make alot of big decisions soon if I am to finish this project on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment