Wednesday 2 May 2012

Current Progress

I made a mock up of what I would want one of the double-page spreads to look like.


 I decided to make this about plane crashes because of the plane illustration what was already on the page. I also decided not to add any text and only use what already existed on the page by 'cutting through' some of the images. I made this inside a computer program, but for my actual piece I think I want to print off the pictures individually and physically stick them onto the pages rather than reprinting the whole page. I quite like the way it looks and hopefully my tutor will too when he sees this in my tutorial.

I also had a look through the rest of the books from my childhood and came up with a few that I thought would be suitable for this project.

I like the layout of these pages and they would be well suited to adding different chunks of text and images in the place of the original ones.  Perhaps I could bring to light some of the things that happen in religion that don't appear in this innocent children's book. E.g Westboro baptist church, religious extremists, etc


 The format of this poetry book is also simple enough that I could very easily put in an article and accompanying image to change the subject of a few of the pages.


This second poetry book would also be well suited if I wanted to be a little more subtle and just insert some alternative text over the top of the existing pages and not include images.

Now I have made one mock up page, I am wondering if I am being a little ambitious for the time I have left. Perhaps I should just stick to making my original book look as finished as possible. I will have to see how my tutorial goes and how I progress over the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment