Saturday 12 May 2012

Finishing and Displaying Piece

So I managed to finish painting the illustrations with a couple of days to spare and then edited them on to the new pages in about a day and here they are. I made them as separate pages because of how I had to print them, but here I have presented them next to their double-page spread counterparts.












I am fairly pleased with how they turned out. Obviously if I had a little more time to make them I would have liked to draw them myself instead of tracing from pictures. But that is completely my fault because of how lazy I was for the first few weeks. But I'm happy with how a lot of the painting turned out, and I don't think I could have improved any of that.

So I printed each page, then cut them to size and stuck them down over the original pages in the book. Then placed the book on my blue bookcase.



I decided to put in the this corner of the studio because it's quite out of the way and doesn't obstruct any board space that someone might need to use. I may move it slightly on Monday morning if I change my mind, but I'm content with current position.





These are what the each of the pages look like in the book when the book is open on display. One dilemma I do have is what position to have the book in. I could have it closed, and the viewer must find the pages or open on one of the pages, or open just before the pages. I'm not quite sure.

I was going to put a little sign that says 'PLEASE BROWSE' on the bookcase, but now I think I might include it on the name plaque I put on the wall next to my piece. I think it might be best if I open the book on the page before the first page that I have made, so they don't have far to go to find what I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment