Friday 4 May 2012

Tutorial

I had a quick tutorial with one of my tutors yesterday. I explained briefly how my idea had developed. He liked what I was planning but said it would fit more with the context if I were to illustrate the fears to fit with the theme of the book. He also said because of time constraints I should just stick to only this book, and also maybe concentrate on completing fewer pages to a higher standard, rather than all of the chapter at a lower quality. I also expressed my doubts about my illustration skills but he said that tracing from images and then painting them would be fine. He also liked my idea of displaying it on the little blue bookcase, because it fitted well with the context. My dad bought it to my building in his car and it's currently in the studio ready for me to use.

So I'm now gathering reference photographs to trace from and then paint. I will then scan these into my computer and put them together with the scans of the pages to new create pages. I can then either stick them into the book and present on the bookcase or mount and present them on one of the walls of the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment