Monday 7 May 2012

Progress

So I settled on 5 themes for 5 double page spreads. They are:
  • Plane Crashes/Accidents
  • Animals Attacks
  • Premature Burial/Being Buried Alive
  • Spontaneous Human Combustion
  • Execution/Capital Punishment
I've collected lots of reference images for all 5 themes and have chosen 3-4 images for each subject to trace from and then paint. I've tried to strike a balance between gory/extreme pictures and middle-of-the-ground images that are slightly comical which I hope will make the pages shocking enough without being too distasteful.

Here are a couple of the pieces I have done so far. I will be tweaking and editing them before adding them to the the final piece to give them a little more polish and professionalism, so please excuse any that are a little wonky.






I have another tutorial tomorrow so I'm going to take in what I have done so far and see if the tutors think its any good. Then I'll be spending the rest of tomorrow and Wednesday painting the remaining pictures and editing them on to the pages. I'll hopefully then print on Thursday and have it all set up by Friday, fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment