Friday 25 November 2011

Textiles Workshop

In this workshop we were given three huge piles of scrap fabrics to go through and make something that was supported by the body. I was really looking forward to this workshop as I have had much chance to use my skills in this particular area. I decided to make a shoulder piece. I started off my covering a few pieces of foam padding and shoulder pads with different fabrics and then arranged them on a large loop of elastic and  fake-leather base. I then kept adding various triangles of fabric to build up the structure of the piece and then photographed my progress in the photography scoop.


I also took a few pieces of scrap fabric home with me in order to finish it off completely.



I really enjoyed this workshop and although it doesn't relate to any of my current projects I will definitely keep this idea in mind for future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment