Monday 17 October 2011

Image Project - Rearrange Magazine

This is the work I did for the 'Image Project' (Appropriate, rearrange and reanimate all the images from a single magazine or newspaper.) I have some artists lined up that I plan to research thoroughly, but again I just wanted to get in and try out the idea I had to see if it was worth it. So I cut out almost all the image from a single magazine. The first idea I tried out didn't go so great. It just didn't look as nice on paper as it did in my head.



So, I tried a different approach. I took all the pictures, jumbled them up and spread them out a little. Then I cut a square hole out of a piece of paper and used this over the jumbled images to help create a snap shot of each random composition. Then photographed it and moved them around some more. I carried on until I had lots and lots of them. I really liked this effect, but think it may be a little simple to stand on its own. I will have to develop it further so that it fits the project outline a little more.



The rest of the photos can be found on my Flickr here.

I planned to make a few of these photo montages and then use them inspiration for a series of  photographs, paintings, illustrations or perhaps t-shirt prints so they were appropriated and reanimated  into a different context.

No comments:

Post a Comment